Dive into our latest article on unlocking collaborative excellence! Learn how proven strategies and JAKAPA’s cutting-edge soft skills solution can transform your teaching environment into dynamic hubs of collaborative learning experiences. Discover actionable tips to promote teamwork, communication, critical thinking, and inclusive leadership. PGet ready to achieve more in education – click here to read more! #FutureReady #CollaborativeLearning #JAKAPAAdvantage
Psychologist Nicholas Humphrey says a person’s social intelligence, which are soft skills, defines them far more than their quantitative intelligence. With increased artificial intelligence and automation making many hard skills obsolete, developing soft skills is more critical than ever. According to LinkedIn’s Global Talent Trends 2019 report, 92% of talent professionals reported that soft skills are equally or more important to hire for than hard skills. And 89% said that when a new hire doesn’t work out, it’s because they lack critical soft skills.
Top ten soft skills
Below outlines the top 10 soft skills and how JAKAPA helps build them. You can help your child build these skills by making sure they are engaging with JAKAPA every day for 10 to 15 minutes. Also, talk to them about these skills and how they have impacted your success.
1. Time Management: With JAKAPA, your child identifies a broad goal and what they can do daily to achieve that goal. They can set a goal related to time management and track their ability to stay on top of the many things they need to do each day.
2. Communication skills: JAKAPA’s social engagement skills include several types of communication. Each day, your child should complete a Did, Felt, Tell Journal where they practice communicating what they did and how they felt about it.
3. Strong work ethic: JAKAPA teaches individuals to build habits and routines that help them build soft skills. Just by participating each day for 10-15 minutes, your child can develop a strong work ethic and build self-reflection habits.
4. Resiliency: JAKAPA’s emotional resilience skills help individuals learn to bounce back when things don’t go as planned and build stress regulation skills. Daily, your child completes a Make a Stress Plan challenge where they track stress levels and their ability to manage stress. They also complete a Build a Positive Brain challenge that teaches them optimism and helps them recognize the great things that happen each day, even when they were not expected!
5. Creativity: Did you know creativity can be learned? JAKAPA’s Abstract Thinking challenge gives your child a chance to consider an invention and its impact on the world to see if it is worth pursuing. They also learn the top ten ways to build creativity and are encouraged to practice them.
6. Problem-Solving: JAKAPA’s Practice Decision-Making challenge teaches your child to solve their problems and make decisions using a process of reflection where they weigh options and rank them.
7. Team Player: Cooperation is another important set of skills. Practicing communication and collective goal setting can help your child become valuable members of teams.
8. Leadership: Learning to convince others to follow you requires strong problem-solving skills and good communication skills. JAKAPA challenges both in our skill builders that are part of weekly challenges.
9. Interpersonal Skills: Social engagement is critical to success and JAKAPA’s Did, Felt, Tell challenge helps your child learn to communicate. Our Manage your Message challenge helps them to consider other people’s perspectives and creates powerful messages based on those perspectives.
10. A Keen Eye for Detail: Self-management is a set of skills related to time, task and detail management. Your child can develop their detail management skills by setting daily goals related to checking their school work and understanding instructions.
JAKAPA builds soft skills
Each week, JAKAPA provides a challenge with several skill building tasks related to one set of skills. Skills are divided into the following categories: self-management, innovation, social engagement, cooperation or emotional resilience. By engaging with JAKAPA daily each week, your child can gain self-awareness, build skills and earn badges and points to showcase their engagement in building the skills that matter!
Want to learn more? Check out jakapa.com!
Ready to Discover JAKAPA? Let's Dive In!
At JAKAPA, we are passionate about developing soft skills and are excited to share more with you.
To understand the inner workings of JAKAPA, click here.
Prefer a hands-on approach? Engage with our clickable prototype by clicking here.
Schedule a short demo with our team by clicking here.
We can’t wait to connect with you!