Dive into our latest article on unlocking collaborative excellence! Learn how proven strategies and JAKAPA’s cutting-edge soft skills solution can transform your teaching environment into dynamic hubs of collaborative learning experiences. Discover actionable tips to promote teamwork, communication, critical thinking, and inclusive leadership. PGet ready to achieve more in education – click here to read more! #FutureReady #CollaborativeLearning #JAKAPAAdvantage
JAKAPA can help your child build the critical soft skills they need to succeed
Psychologist Nicholas Humphrey says a person’s social intelligence, which are soft skills, defines them far more than their quantitative intelligence. With increased artificial intelligence and automation making many hard skills obsolete, developing soft skills is more critical than ever. LinkedIn’s Global Talent Trends 2019 report says 92% of talent professionals reported that soft skills are equally or more important to hire for than hard skills. And 89% said that when a new hire doesn’t work out, it’s because they lack critical soft skills.
What are the Top 10 Soft Skills?
Below outlines the top ten soft skills and how JAKAPA helps build them. You can help your child build these skills by making sure they are engaging with JAKAPA every day for 10 to 15 minutes and by talking to them about these skills and how they have impacted your success.
- Time Management: JAKAPA has students identify a broad goal and what they can do daily to achieve that goal. They can set a goal related to time management and track their ability to stay on top of the many things they need to do each day.
- Communication skills: JAKAPA’s social engagement skills include several types of communication. Each day, your child should complete a Did, Felt, Tell Journal where they practice communicating what they did and how they felt about it.
- Strong work ethic: JAKAPA teaches students to build habits and routines that help them build soft skills. Just by participating each day for 10-15 minutes, students can develop a strong work ethic and build self-reflection habits.
- Resiliency: JAKAPA’s emotional resilience skills help students learn to bounce back when things don’t go as planned and build stress regulation skills. Daily, they complete a Make a Stress Plan challenge where they track stress levels and their ability to manage stress. They also complete a Build a Positive Brain challenge that teaches them optimism and helps them recognize the great things that happen each day, even when they were not expected!
- Creativity: Creativity can be learned. JAKAPA’s Abstract Thinking challenge gives students a chance to consider an invention and its impact on the world to see if it is worth pursuing. They also learn the top ten ways to build creativity and are encouraged to practice them.
- Problem-Solving: JAKAPA’s Practice Decision-Making challenge teaches students to solve their problems and make decisions using a process of reflection where they weigh options and rank them.
- Team Player: Cooperation is one of our sets of skills. Our communication and collective goal setting practice can help them become valuable members of teams.
- Leadership: Learning to convince others to follow you requires strong problem solving skills and good communication skills. JAKAPA challenges both in our skill builders that are part of weekly challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills: Social engagement is critical to success and our Did, Felt, Tell challenge helps students learn to communicate. Our Manage your Message challenge helps them to take other people’s perspectives into account and create powerful messages based on those perspectives.
- A Keen Eye for Detail: Self-management is a set of skills related to time, task and detail management. Students can develop their detail management skills by setting daily goals related to checking their work and understanding instructions.
Ready to See What JAKAPA
Can Do for You?
"My JAKAPA demo quickly helped me understand how easy it would be to implement THE JAKAPA soft skill solution IN My school."
JAKAPA builds these Soft Skills
Each week, JAKAPA provides a challenge with several skill building tasks related to one set of skills. Skills are dividing into the following categories: self-management, innovation, social engagement, cooperation and emotional resilience. By engaging with JAKAPA daily each week, students can gain self-awareness, build skills and earn badges and points to showcase their engagement in building the skills that matter!