Dive into our latest article on unlocking collaborative excellence! Learn how proven strategies and JAKAPA’s cutting-edge soft skills solution can transform your teaching environment into dynamic hubs of collaborative learning experiences. Discover actionable tips to promote teamwork, communication, critical thinking, and inclusive leadership. PGet ready to achieve more in education – click here to read more! #FutureReady #CollaborativeLearning #JAKAPAAdvantage
Children learn the academic and technical skills needed for their futures, but there is another set of skills they need to be successful…soft skills. Stanford Research Center, Harvard University, and the Carnegie Foundation found that a whopping 85% of job success comes from excellent soft and people skills. 15% comes from technical skills. There are many names for soft skills and many frameworks that try to explain what they are. Essentially, soft skills are self-management skills, emotional resilience skills, thinking skills and people skills. Research shows soft skills impact our success.
Soft skills impact success
Here are some important facts about how soft skills impact success.
- Self-management skills, which include goal regulation; organization; and time, task and detail management, predict course grades and academic engagement. They also predict conscientiousness, which predicts the number of years of education adults will complete.
- Social engagement skills, which include communication skills, predict enterprising occupational interests, peer acceptance, friendship quality, exercise and life satisfaction.
- Emotional resilience skills, which include stress and impulse regulation, anger management, confidence regulation, independence, adaptability and optimism, predict 21% of realistic interests, 18% of peer acceptance and 30% of our overall life satisfaction.
- Innovation skills, which include creativity, abstract thinking, cultural competence, information processing and self-reflection skills, predict 25% of investigative interests and 63% of artistic interests. These skills are more important than ever as we automate more and more jobs.
- Cooperation skills, which include perspective-taking, social warmth, teamwork, trust and ethical capacity, predict 21% of social interests and 34% of friendship quality.
Unfortunately, nearly three-quarters of employers say they cannot find graduates with adequate soft skills. Not surprising, a lack of these skills is the number one reason companies identify someone as a bad hire.
JAKAPA for soft skills
JAKAPA aims to help students gain self-awareness into their soft skills, so they can leverage their strengths and work on their weak areas. With just 10-15 minutes daily with JAKAPA’s Skill Builder app, students can set goals, track daily progress, engage in challenges and monitor their soft skills growth. In addition to self-assessments, JAKAPA incorporates peer assessments so students can understand how others see their skills in action. Only then can they learn how to showcase their skills to others.
Go to jakapa.com to see how we help students gain the skills they need to succeed in school, work and life. If they aren’t already, talk to your school about partnering with JAKAPA today!
Ready to Discover JAKAPA? Let's Dive In!
At JAKAPA, we are passionate about developing soft skills and are excited to share more with you.
Explore the possibilities of implementing JAKAPA in your district by clicking here.
If you’re eager to understand the inner workings of JAKAPA, click here.
Prefer a hands-on approach? Engage with our clickable prototype by clicking here.
Is JAKAPA the perfect fit for your district? Take the plunge and schedule a short demo with our team by clicking here.
We can’t wait to connect with you!